You’ve seen the ads: “HOUSEHOLD MANAGER / VALET / PERSONAL ASSISTANT WHO CAN COOK AND HAS EXPERIENCE WITH MACROS” (*this was a part-time job). These ‘hybrid roles’ have become increasingly more prevalent in recent years. Our panel discusses the pros and cons of hybrid roles, which roles can / shouldn’t be combined and if the roles are sustainable, among other points.
- Joanie Veage, a House Manager / Butler is all for hybrid roles
- Gregory Taylor, an Estate Manager and Chief of Staff takes on the opposing points
- Clara Molina, a contract Estate Manager sees benefits and burdens on both sides
- Philippa Smith, of Silver Swan Recruitment represents the agency perspective
- Kristin Twiford, host of the Easemakers and Make Yourself at Home podcasts is our moderator